Sunday, August 15, 2010

The All Night Mineral Oil Vigil Worked!!

Tiki was finally able to go on her own at 2am and 6am. It's so soft it's actually a little runny now. Guess she doesn't need any more mineral oil :). But she's no longer acting colicky. No more straining to go, no more stamping her back legs and constant up-down trying to get comfortable. She's happily snoring and whinnying away in my lap as I type this on my phone. I swear I've never seen a foal dream so much or be so noisy in them. Give her 1 minute of a nap and she's twitching, mouthing, snorting, grunting, and whinnying in her sleep. Right now her head is in my left hand on my lap and she's snoring. I've raised a lot of foals, but nothing like her. She whinnies for you when you walk away and waits at the door hoping you return soon. She beams when I walk in the door and waits for me to scratch her and cradle her head in my hands and play with her ears. She lives to cuddle and loves when you sit next to her when she's laying down. She thinks human pillows ROCK lol! She LOVES water. LOVES it. She's facinated with it and was already drinking little slurps out of the water trough her first day of turnout. When I fill the water buckets in her stall she plays in the water and watches it swirl with undivided attention. She stamps her front feet in excitement and I have a feeling she'll be trying to get them IN the water buckets soon. And she LOVED the hose when we gave her a bath on day 2. It was 105 degree heat index that day and we needed to get the milk, afterbirth etc off moms legs so we took them in the wash rack. She was so fascinated by moms bath we gave her an impromptu one too. She loved every minute. She is an odd little duck but in a great way-she seems to find incredible joy in every new discovery. It's funny to watch her.

No comments:

Post a Comment